Some recipes for mashed cauliflower require a food processor, multiple steps and vague procedures. Do you want an easier, healthy and delicious, low carbohydrate side dish? Try this cheesy mashed cauliflower recipe!
Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
Head of fresh cauliflower, broken/cut into florets or chopped
1/2 to 1 cup of low-sodium vegetable broth (you can substitute whatever broth you have at home)
4 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 TBSP butter
1/2 to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
Dash garlic powder
Dash black or white pepper
1. Place cauliflower and broth into a pot and cook on high, stirring occasionally, uncovered, until very tender. If or when all of the broth boils off, add a little more, and repeat until the cauliflower is cooked.
2. Remove from heat and drain any excess fluid.
3. Mash cauliflower with a potato masher or mixer until it reaches desired consistency.
4. Add onions, garlic powder, pepper, butter and Greek yogurt. Stir well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Place mixture into a baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 400° for about 15-20 minutes or broil on high for 5 minutes.
The number of servings made depends on the size of the head of cauliflower used. If you have a small to medium sized head of cauliflower (and 1/2 cup of mozzarella), and divide into 6 servings, each serving contains: 90 calories, 6 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of fat.
If you are trying to lose weight, please consider visiting us at Olivera Weight Loss.
We use research-proven strategies, approaches and tools to help our patients achieve successful weight loss. We offer a variety of services to meet your needs. In our remote Nutrition Consultations, our Registered Dietitian develops a plan customized to meet your needs without you ever having to leave your home. Phentermine, an FDA approved appetite suppressant proven to help patients lose weight, is available at Olivera Weight Loss for patients who qualify. For more information on pricing and our other services, please visit our webpage or give us a call at 773-327-6624. Follow us on Facebook for free weight loss tips, recipes and more.
*Please note, appointments are required for new patients and strongly encouraged for returning patients to minimize wait times.*